Vitamix 5200 Review
As a busy mom of two kids, I rarely seem to find the time or the energy to cook healthy meals for myself.
I was constantly running from one activity to the next, skipping meals, or catching myself in the drive-thru one too many times. I knew that I had to begin making better food-choices, not just for myself, but for my family.
As I slowly began to incorporate more whole foods into our diet with simple recipes, I decided to buy a blender so that I could easily make smoothies and green juices on the go. But I was torn as to what kind of blender I should buy.
I ended up purchasing the cheapest blender I could find. It worked fine, but the consistency of my smoothies was usually lumpy with leftover chunks of ice or fruit that weren’t blended properly.
As I began reviewing the Vitamix 5200, I was amazed by the high satisfaction of those who purchased it.
Note: If you click some of the links in this article we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
From the reviews, it seemed like the blender produced the smooth consistency I was looking for and was quick and easy to use.
If you are looking for a new blender, but you are on the fence as to whether or not you should buy this machine.
What does the Vitamix 5200 come with?
The Vitamix comes in 4 different packages – standard, super, deluxe, and compact. But regardless of which one you choose you will receive the following in your package:
- The blender base comes with a built in cooling fan, thermal protection chord, and a retractable cord.
- The motor is a 2-peak horsepower and Swedish built.
- A 64 oz blender container with a spill proof, vented lid and laser, steel cut blades.
- A whole food recipe cookbook.
- A guide to getting started with your Vitamix as well as a DVD version.
- A tamper to help with food getting stuck to the side of the blender.
- A 7 year warranty.
The Vitamix 5200 has manual speed dial and switches. The switches are made from rubber and the material is very durable and easy to work with. One switch controls the speed while another turns the blender on and off.
It also come in 5 different colors to pick from – black, red, white, platinum, and brushed stainless.
What can I make with the Vitamix 5200?
As one of the most versatile systems on the market, there really is an unlimited number of recipes you can make. Here is a list of favorites from other Vitamix lovers:
- Nut butters
- Grinding coffee beans
- Whole grain flours
- Crushed ice
One of the most unique features on the Vitamix is one that allows you to make soups. Essentially, you cook your soup with your blender, as the blades have enough power to both blend and heat cold ingredients into soup in just 6 minutes.
No more slaving over the stove for hours to make delicious soup!
You also have the option to make delicious ice cream in just minutes. It is easy to make ice cream by blending frozen fruit with a little milk.
Why should I purchase the Vitamix 5200?
If you are in the market for a new blender, the Vitamix 5200 is an excellent choice! Here are some pros to choosing this blender:
- It is very versatile and flexible. You can make hot soup one minute and ice cream the next.
- Simple to use. There is little to no food prep required and since the unit is self-cleaning you won’t have to spend your time scrubbing dishes when you are done.
- Vitamix provides a lot of great recipes on their website. You can also find a lot of good recipes on the Internet like my site.
- Vitamix has exceptional customer support and the 7 year warranty cannot be beaten.
Of course, there are always downsides to consider when purchasing any product. Here are some common complaints about the Vitamix 5200:
- It can be very noisy. In fairness, most blenders are noisy but as powerful as this blender is there is going to be a lot of noise.
- The blades cannot be removed which can make it tricky to get all the food out.
- The base is very large and takes up a lot of room so it may be hard to find room for it on your countertop.
If you are in the market for a new blender you won’t find a more versatile and high-powered option than the Vitamix 5200. The incredible features and variable speed setting allow you to make nearly anything from juices, smoothies, ice cream, salsa, to heated soups.
While it is more costly than other blenders, the incredible quality makes it worth the investment. And with Vitamix’s excellent customer service and 7 year warranty, it is hard to go wrong.